Workout Music has been used by top-level athletes and A-Grade sports stars for decades.
But now, there is real science behind how listening to music can enhance your performance. Below we share the secrets of how to use the influence music has over your mind and body to its full potential.
Music has the power to alter your mindset and actually affect your body's physiological responses!
In the last decade, researchers have uncovered surprising evidence linking music with workout performance. Here are 5 ways in which music can improve your performance:
1) Music can naturally increase your tempo of movement through your body’s rhythm response. Music with a heavy beat is most effective for synchronizing body movements to music
2) When synchronized with music, your body needs to make fewer adjustments to maintain your tempo. This means you work out more efficiently and use less oxygen. As a result, you can work harder for longer.
3) Music distracts you from muscle fatigue and the tedious repetition of exercise.
4) Music with a faster beat increases your heart rate, delivering more oxygen to your muscles.
5) Music evokes strong memories and emotions. These psychological 'anchors' can influence your perception of exercise when used consistently. In other words, playing tracks you LOVE will wire your brain to LOVE the activity too!
What Can YOU Do to Get More of a Boost from Music?
Here are 3 Simple Tips for Improving your Workouts with Music
1) Most people just load a playlist when they begin, but we recommend taking some time to craft a playlist for your workouts in advance. Include tracks with about a 120bpm pattern to listen to while you warm up. This will help increase your heart rate and oxygenate your body before you begin. Pick tracks for your workout that match your tempo. About 140bpm is usually good for treadmill work, but up that to 180 bpm for HIT sessions.
2) Make sure you select music that has some strong emotion attached for you. This will help to anchor your emotions to the activity over time. In this way, you'll keep going back for more!
3) After your workout, continue to listen to up-tempo music for 5 minutes. This helps your body metabolize lactic acid, leading to reduced soreness. Then, switch to slower tunes for a final 10-15 minutes. Listening to more relaxing music improves your ability to 'switch' off after exercise - increasing your vagal tone.
SoundWhiz Turbo Bluetooth Sports Headphones
"The sound quality is awesome , more volume than beats . So far I like them better than any wireless headphones I've owened in the past,thank you!"
"Great sound and super lite. everything I wanted in a bluetooth."
"I love these headphones. They are light and comfortable but most importantly the sound quality is awesome! Definitely a great buy and I'm glad I went these!"
These headphones are awesome - they sound fantastic, are super comfortable in my ears and stay in super snuggly when I’m running. Definitely the best headphones I’ve had, I can’t recommend them enough!
Sophie Rutherford - Personal Trainer
Paired up with my phone with no issues - sound is clear, and mic works just fine. They haven't popped out of my ears like regular headphones tend to do.
"If you run or do any type of workout then these things are perfect. Amazingly comfortable and great sound quality."
When clicking Buy Now on this page, you will be taken to purchase from our Amazon.com.au store. Amazon Standard shipping is FREE usually dispatched within 1 day and delivered in under 5. Express shipping usually arrives within 3 working days.
12 Months Warranty
All SoundWhiz Turbo Purchases come with our 12 Month Express Replacement Warranty as standard. Simply register your warranty after purchase for complete peace of mind!
If you need any help setting up your Turbo, rest easy knowing we're here to help! Simply contact us through your Amazon order, at email@example.com or on our helpline number: 02 8006 8551.